SimplyCircle is an online parent communication portal that was created by a team of Bay Area moms.
Between the four of us, we have 9 kids under the age of 9. We are passionate about simplifying our own lives as parents, and helping millions of other parents do the same.
We got tired of the outdated tools that most schools and other parent communities use today: email distribution lists, a hodge-podge of apps for different functions (e.g., volunteer sign up sheets), and paper flyers. We believe that parents deserve great tools to connect, communicate and organize, so we set out to build such a tool.
We launched our platform in August 2014, and continued to improve it based on the experience and feedback of our customers. By now, SimplyCircle is used by thousands of classrooms, PTAs, and other parent communities in all 50 of the United States (and in several international markets).
SimplyCircle offers a variety of free and paid plans. Our platform has been proven to increase family engagement and help parents feel more connected to their kids’ schools.
We are seeking energetic and passionate parent community leaders to become SimplyCircle Brand Ambassadors.
If you are enthusiastic about streamlining parent communication and organization, and helping parents feel more connected to their communities, we want to hear from you!
We need your help spreading the word about our platform in your local communities: preschools, schools, and parent-teacher organizations.
As a SimplyCircle Brand Ambassador, you will:
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of SimplyCircle’s product and services; become a product expert
- Identify local organizations that may benefit from SimplyCircle, starting with your own groups that you are involved in as a leader or a member
- Reach out to the leaders of your target organizations to introduce them to SimplyCircle and explore a possible fit
- Educate prospective customers on the value and benefits of SimplyCircle, and help them decide what type of plan is best for them
- Schedule and conduct on-site or virtual demos to demonstrate SimplyCircle functionality, answer questions, and gather input
- Secure commitment to implement SimplyCircle, and serve as their primary point of contact through the onboarding process
To be an effective Ambassador, you need to be:
- Passionate about communities, and about improving group communication and collaboration
- Familiar with common tools used by groups for communication and organization
- Tech-savvy – you know you way around a computer, browsers, and mobile apps
- Clear and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated and proactive – able to do great work and with minimal supervision
- Quick learner – eager and quick to pick up new skills and knowledge
- Empathetic – you can put yourself in the other person’s shoes
A major plus if you have any of the following:
- Experience working in schools and other parent communities, especially as a group leader (e.g., teacher, PTA leader, room parent, scout troop parent, etc.)
- Experience working for technology companies in sales, customer support, or community management roles
- Active participation in an online community
Compensation & perks:
- Making money! You get 50% of first year’s revenues from every paying customer that you bring on board
- A school-wide license ranges from $250 to $2,500 per year. That means you can earn up to $1,250 referral fee per school!
- Strong earning potential – no limit on the amount of referral fees you can earn
- Very flexible schedule – set your own hours, and work as little or as much as you want
- Ability to work from home, from a beach in Hawaii, of from wherever your work and family commitments take you
- Real startup work experience on your resume, even if you have been away from the workforce for some time
- Opportunity to change how schools and other parent communities connect, communicate and organize
- Not having to choose between having a paid job and being a great parent
Apply for the position by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your resume, and write a short (no more than 300 words) explanation of why you think you would be an effective Brand Ambassador. We look forward to hearing from you!
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This is a commission-only, independent contractor position. You will be responsible for filing and paying your own taxes.